Blizzard Job Posting Hints At New Possible PvP Shooter
When Blizzard first announced Overwatch, many fans of the PC-centric company were hesitant in their excitement. Luckily, it turns out that hesitance was for nothing because the hero-filled FPS was a smashing success that continues to bring in impressive numbers to this day. With the popularity of the shooter, it shouldn’t be surprising to note that another shooter experience may be on the way. At least according to this recent job listing.
The job post in question is for a Senior/Principal Game designer and the newest addition would be the latest to join the secret project that was first leaked a few years ago. The listing in question, seen below, details a specific need for those familiar with first-person shooters.
The details of some of the more difficult qualifications are that applicants should have a “minimum of five years experience in the video game industry”
Full Details of the job in question: Senior / Principal Game Designer
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced Senior or Principal Designer with experience in developing weapons, abilities, and gameplay systems in action or first-person shooter games. As a Senior or Principal Designer, you’ll work with numerous departments to shape the core gameplay experience for this unannounced project by defining the abilities, powers, and weapons our players will use.
The ideal candidate will design and implement great game experiences while helping to foster a creative and energetic environment. You have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, and extensive knowledge and passion for competitive first-person shooter games.
- Work with team leadership to design units, weapons, and abilities
- Implement units, weapons, and abilities using a proprietary design tool
- Work with team leadership to set direction for game modes, level design, and game systems
- Grow and mentor other designers
- Work closely with the art, level design, and engineering teams to ensure the highest quality player experience
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement
- A minimum of five years of experience in the video game industry
- Designed, developed, and shipped major game systems in a AAA game
- Able to develop and champion a strong design vision for abilities and weapons, from concept to completion
- Technical experience building gameplay experiences using game tools
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and creating PvP game experiences
- Prior experience as a lead
- Experience with current competitive action or shooter games
- Experience with technical design tools
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working on an unannounced game at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Apply for the position, Here: Senior / Principal Game Designer