DARQ: Complete Edition And Free DLC Coming To PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch And PC
The release of DARQ on PC went down pretty well, with the game having picked up a huge number of Very Positive Steam reviews since launch this time last year. Now though the game is getting set to launch on console, with a publishing agreement between FEARDEMIC and the Bloober Team group hoping we’ll be seeing launch of DARQ: Complete Edition on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch in December 2020.
The trailer for “The Crypt” follows Lloyd as he makes an effort to solve environmental puzzles with his head separated from the rest of his body, with a set of skeletal creatures complicating matters as he tries to reunite himself. The video highlights Darq’s foreboding atmosphere and cerebral gameplay, which have both earned praise from critics and horror game fans on Steam.
For those not familiar with the title, DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who finds himself in the middle of a lucid nightmare. Unable to wake up, Lloyd has to face his fears and decipher the meaning of the dream. He learns to control the dream by bending the laws of physics, manipulating the environment in the most unexpected ways, and solving puzzles that defy the rules of logic.
Wall Walk, Stealth, and Puzzles:
Apart from gravity-defying puzzles, Lloyd will have to use stealth when nearby enemies. He has no chance of winning in an open confrontation since the creatures he will encounter are much more powerful and faster than him. Instead, he has to rely on careful planning to avoid getting detected.
- Psychological horror set in a lucid dream, relying on a slow build and creepy atmosphere rather than gore and violence.
- The unique art style and detailed environment to explore.
- Sound design by Bjorn Jacobsen, known for his work on such games as Cyberpunk 2077 and Hitman.
- Puzzles that involve bending the laws of physics (walking on walls and ceilings), manipulating the dream world (moving things, rotating rooms), collecting and using found objects, and avoiding enemies.
- Hidden secrets to find (optional, for hardcore players only).
Some of the game’s accolades include:
- DARQ was one of the top 10 most upvoted titles on Steam Greenlight.
- It was also in the top 50 most wishlisted games on Steam.
- DARQ has become the #42 Most Shared PC Video Game of 2019, according to Metacritic.
- The game became a viral sensation due to its innovative art style and unique engagement with fans through multiple social media platforms.
- DARQ landed on the front page of Reddit multiple times. One particular post garnered more than 191,000 upvotes, making it one of the most upvoted posts in the history of the platform.
- On the launch day, the game was immediately listed on the Steam’s New and Trending, Top Selling, and Featured and Recommended tabs.
- DARQ was nominated for and won numerous industry awards (Best Game Award at MIX / PAX West, Best Adventure Game and Best Video Game Music at Chainsaw Festival, Best Sound Firestarter Award at Game Audio Awards, Best Sound Design at MUSIC+SOUND Awards, Best Cover Art at Dreamhack Festival, and others).
This month also marks the anniversary of the first release of DARQ and the journey of Lloyd that has seen him travel beyond simply a game’s protagonist to one of the most successful horror-themed games of the past year. Right now, the game’s publisher is focused on porting the game to all available consoles and making the amazing experience available to a broader range of gamers.
Launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch is therefore hugely anticipated.
Darq is out now on PC, and will release for PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X holiday 2020.