Kerbal Space Program 2 Delayed Until March 2021
Kerbal Space Program 2 was originally scheduled to launch in Take-Two Interactive’s 2020 fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2020. However, the game has now been delayed to fiscal year 2021, which ends March 31, 2021, announced Take-Two president Karl Slatoff said during a call to investors.
Karl Slatoff said during a call to investors:
“Kerbal Space Program 2, the sequel to the beloved original space sim, is now planned for launch on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, in fiscal 2021, in order to allow more time to make the experience as terrific as possible,”
This suggested release period for Kerbals next release means it will be happening at some point during 1st April 2020 through to 31st March 2021. Quite a large release period and could be that we dont see Kerbal 2 until the end of March 2021.
With the original Kerbal Space Program having become one of the most beloved games of all time and now bigger than ever, Kerbal Space Program 2 has been fully redesigned from the ground up to meet the demands of modern and next-generation space exploration, all while maintaining the monumental foundations of the first game. Build a space program, construct powerful spacecraft, design resource-gathering colonies, and much more to uncover the secrets of the galaxy. A plethora of exciting new features will captivate veteran and returning players, as well as usher in a whole new wave of Kerbonauts to the ingenious and comedic world that has entertained millions of players.
Overview of the game & Key Features:
- Improved Onboarding – Kerbal Space Program 2 will create a whole new generation of space flight experts who will find themselves accidentally learning rocket science. New animated tutorials, improved UI, and fully revamped assembly and flight instructions allow both experienced and novice players to quickly put their creativity to the test without sacrificing any of the challenge from the original game.
- Next Generation Technology – In Kerbal Space Program 2, the astoundingly inventive creations that Kerbal Space Program is known for will be taken to a whole new level. Players will be delighted and challenged by next-generation engines, parts, fuel, and much more. This new tech will not just create novel puzzles for players to solve, but will also enable new feats of space exploration within and beyond the original Kerbolar System.
- Colonies – Brand new to Kerbal Space Program 2 are colonies.. These colonies not only pose their own physics challenges, but also require resource gathering to build structures, space stations, habitations, and unique fuel types. Eventually, these colonies become advanced enough for vehicle construction, propelling deep space and beyond.
- Interstellar Travel – Next-gen tech, colonies, and systematic resource gathering all lead to a whole new level of exploration: interstellar travel. In Kerbal Space Program 2, these interstellar technologies pave the way to a host of new celestial bodies, each comprising new challenges and harboring new secret treasures. Among them: Ovin, a ringed super-Earth with relentless gravity; Rask and Rusk, a binary pair locked in a dance of death; and many more to reward exploration.
- Multiplayer/Modding – The technological developments made to the foundations of Kerbal Space Program 2 will build on the beloved modding capabilities of the original game, as well as deliver on the long-requested addition of multiplayer. Soon players will be able to share the challenges of deep space exploration. More details on these features will be revealed at a later time.
Planned for launch on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. So this could end up being a pretty big delay, but here’s hoping it’s worth the added wait.