Microsoft Flight Simulator For PC Arrives August 18
Nearly one year after we first got our hands on a pre-alpha build of the next Flight Simulator, the game is almost complete. Microsoft Flight Simulator will arrive on PC on August 18th, and it will be available with Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta). The game will come in three editions. The standard edition ($59.99) includes 20 planes and 30 airports. The deluxe edition ($89.99) adds five planes to the fleet and five additional international airports. And the premium deluxe edition ($119.99) has a total of 30 planes and 30 airports.
Microsoft Flight Simulator features include:
- Vivid and Detailed Landscapes – Immerse yourself in the vast and beautiful world that is our planet with more than 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers and more.
- A Living World – Earth is vibrant and ever-changing and so is the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator which includes live traffic, real-time weather and animals.
- Highly Detailed Aircraft – Hone your pilot skills in a variety of aircraft from light planes to commercial jets with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft includes highly detailed and accurate cockpits with realistic instrumentation.
- New Checklist System – From pro to beginner, scale your level from full manual to full assist with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklist.
- Dynamic Weather – The new weather engine enables users to switch on the live weather mode to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain and more.
- New Day & Night Engine – Experience flight at any time of day or year allowing for night VFR, visual flight rules, navigation.
- Aerodynamic Modeling – A state-of-the-art physics engine with over 1,000 control surfaces per plane allows for a truly realistic experience.
Here what the three editions will include, according to a news release:
- The Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition ($59.99 USD): includes 20 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 30 hand-crafted airports. The Standard Edition will be available with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta).
- The Deluxe Edition ($89.99 USD): includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator’s standard edition plus 5 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 5 additional handcrafted international airports.
- The Premium Deluxe Edition ($119.99 USD): includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 10 additional handcrafted international airports.
In addition to its digital versions, Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available as a retail disc version at European stores via Aerosoft. For more information on these retail disc versions in Europe, please visit the Aerosoft website.
Your fleet of planes and detailed airports from whatever edition you choose are all available on launch day as well as access to the ongoing content updates that will continually evolve and expand the flight simulation platform.
Flight Simulator is set to take advantage of the latest technologies that are offered, from DirectX 12 to satellite imagery. The game includes things like real-time traffic and real-time weather, and if you don’t like the real-time weather, you can adjust it to fly however you want. There are also over 1.5 billion buildings, and over two trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers, and more.
Microsoft also announced that Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available on Xbox Game Pass for PC on launch day. Pre-orders are available for Windows 10 players, and Xbox Game Pass for PC players can pre-install today.