Mortal Kombat 11 Adding New Team Raids Game Mode
During the most recent Kombat Kast, Mortal Kombat 11 developer NetherRealm Studios pulled back the curtain on its upcoming game mode dubbed Team Raids. This puts a unique spin on the typical formula and pits a couple of players against one tougher boss. This raid is then littered with various challenges that the players will have to cooperate in order to complete, adding a new level of complexity when it comes to Mortal Kombat 11.
NetherRealm has aired their latest Kombat Kast for Mortal Kombat 11, and as promised, it revealed a new mode, alongside other details:
- Shang Tsung has a three slot move that’s a brand new ability. He gets all the ninja moves as well as the straight skull.
- Frost gets a Dive Bomb and straight projectiles with the enhanced version shooting a second. Frost then gets an “overdrive” that powers up her beams and if you enhance you start a timer that explodes ice energy to freeze the opponent. However, you can disable it by hitting Frost.
- Johnny Cage has a mid fireball.
- Jax get an amplified ground pound that works as a combo set up. Jax also gets a new punch combo that allows for faster heating up of his arms.
- Jax’s clap can now have a maximum attack that pops up the opponent when the fire arms are at its max.
Mortal Kombat 11 is currently available for PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One, with a Stadia version also in development.