Mortal Kombat 11 New DLC Characters Spawn, Nightwolf, And Sindel
Overnight a new gameplay trailer for Mortal Kombat 11 dropped which featured gameplay of the first confirmed DLC character, Shang Tsung. As you can imagine the footage is incredibly violent with Shang Tsung turning into various Mortal Kombat characters and using their movesets to battle Raiden, as well as his own sorcerer powers. The footage lasts a couple of minutes highlighting quite a lot of Shang Tsung’s more gruesome moves as well as a fatality.
That’s not all the trailer was for though as it confirmed that in the Kombat Pack DLC Shang Tsung will be joined by Spawn, Sindel, and Nightwolf as well as two more guest characters.
At the moment, there’s no word when Spawn will be revealed. The trailer above unfortunately only features Shang Tsung gameplay, nobody else. Meanwhile, there’s no word when Spawn or any other DLC fighter will release, besides Shang Tsung, who will be available in early access on June 18 to Kombat Pack owners. Then, a week later, the fighter will be available as a standalone purchase for everyone else.
Here is an overview of each character included in the Kombat Pack:
- Spawn – Todd McFarlane’s Spawn is one of the world’s best-selling and longest-running monthly comic books, with hundreds of millions of copies sold worldwide in more than 120 countries and 15 different languages. The Spawn comic book tells the story of Al Simmons, an elite government assassin who was betrayed and killed by the CIA. Instead of dying, he sells his soul to Hell for a second chance at life, and becomes Spawn, an unstoppable soldier fighting the underworld. Spawn is voiced by Keith David, the original voice actor from ‘Todd McFarlane’s Spawn,’ the Emmy award-winning HBO animated series.
- Shang Tsung – The soul-stealing sorcerer and historic host of the Mortal Kombat Tournament. Shang Tsung pledged his eternal loyalty to Shao Kahn in exchange for a dark power, but he is no faithful servant. He dreams of the day his sorcery will overtake Shao Kahn’s, and he’ll pay any price to get there. Actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is lending his voice and likeness to the popular character he portrayed in the classic 1995 Mortal Kombat film. Additionally, Shang Tsung will be available for consumers to play before release during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) from June 11 to 13 in the South Hall at the WB Games booth (#1023).
- Nightwolf – Formerly known as Grey Cloud, was chosen by the Great Spirit to become the Matoka’s champion and protector. Grey Cloud proved worthy when he laid down his life to prevent the Black Dragon from plundering what remained of his tribe’s sacred artifacts. As Nightwolf, Grey Cloud possesses extraordinary magic granted by the Great Spirit to fight for the Matoka’s future and defend all of Earthrealm.
- Sindel – The former Queen of Edenia and will stop at nothing to keep her place. Threatened with the loss of her throne when Shao Kahn conquered her realm, Sindel betrayed her husband, and her people, to keep her privileged position. Now, as Shao Kahn’s wife and Queen of Outworld, she enjoys power and wealth beyond most people’s imagination.
In total, the Kombat Pack will include the following:
- Spawn will join the Mortal Kombat 11 roster as a new guest character, along with two other guest fighters to be confirmed at a later date.
- Three Klassic Kombatants return as DLC characters: Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, and Sindel.
- Character skin and gear sets for each downloadable content character.
- Bonus Johnny Cage Ninja Mime character skin and gear set.
- 18 bonus character skins for existing Mortal Kombat 11 characters.
- One-week early access for all content listed above.
Players who purchased the Kombat Pack will get to play as Shang Tsung early on June 18.
Mortal Kombat 11 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.