One of the most notable ‘NU-generation’ TLDs on the web – .NU, has become 40% cheaper on our platform.
.NU has been around for 20 years now, offering site owners a great ‘NU’ alternative to the overcrowded .COM and .NET namespaces.
.NU – some historical facts
The Internet country code Top-Level Domain .NU was assigned to the Polynesian island state of Niue back in 1997.
Thanks to its phonetic similarity to ‘NEW’, the .NU extension quickly gained popularity as a ‘fountain’ of attractive domain-hacking options.
It was one of the first ccTLDs to be marketed as an alternative to the popular .COM, .NET and .ORG gTLDs.
Along with .ME and .BE, .NU paved the way for the introduction of a whole new range of TLDs – the so-called new generic Top-Level Domains (new gTLDs or nTLDs).
In March 2000, the then-official .NU overseer – NU Domain® Ltd., became the first registry to offer internationalized domain names supporting the full Unicode character set.
In 2010, however, the set of .NU domain registration-friendly IDN characters was reduced to an ISO-8859-1 character subset.
On September 2, 2013, the .NU extension came under the umbrella of the Internet Infrastructure Foundation – the official .SE registry.
Why offer/register .NU domains?
The .NU TLD has proven to be a solid alternative to the .COM, .BIZ and .NET extensions and has one big advantage over the .NEW extension itself – it is shorter!
Here is a list of its key advantages as seen by the .NU registry:
- unique – with only slightly more than 800 .NU domains currently available online, this indeed ‘NU’ extension gives you an opportunity to stand out from the crowd;
many site names are still available – .NU offers you a chance to register a catchy domain name;
- generic application – .NU is perfect for everyone – from creative individuals to organizations and campaigners;
- Scandinavian feel – “nu” means “now” in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Dutch, which makes it perfect for creating domain hacks and for running your own promo campaigns on these markets;
- guaranteed privacy – your data will be kept safe and protected by the strongest privacy laws online;
- environmentally friendly – by registering a .NU domain, you are supporting NuNames’s Solar Energy Initiative;
.NU domain registration details
The .NU extension is open for registration to both individuals and organizations. The domains themselves are available on a first-come, first-served basis and can be registered for a period of 1-10 years.
The length of a .NU domain may vary from 3 to 63 characters.
.NU domain names that have been registered with another registrar can be transferred over to us at the same price. An EPP key will be required for the transfer to be finalized.
Ready To Order? Visit Evostrix Web hosting: