Pathfinder: Kingmaker Getting Free Enhanced Edition In June
Originally slated for April, Pathfinder: Kingmaker’s final DLC Beneath the Stolen Lands unfortunately slipped from its planned release date last month. Alongside the announcement that the DLC will release on June 6, Deep Silver has also revealed that its launch will coincide with a repackaging of the game under the title Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Enhanced Edition. The Enhanced Edition will be a free upgrade for all existing owners of Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Players who’ve kept up with Pathfinder: Kingmaker’s steady stream of DLC will find a number of quality-of-life improvements waiting for them when they load up the latest bit of content launching next month.
The game’s June 6 update will include the Beneath The Stolen Sands DLC (which is included in the game’s season pass), but will also add a number of features that will transform the game into its “Enhanced Edition.” The update is free for anyone who already owns the game.
The Enhanced Edition update adds a new Slayer class, as well as more items and weapons. The update also offers new ways to build characters, balances characters, enemies, and counters “especially in the beginning and last two chapters of the game,” improves kingdom management, adds more kinds of random encounters in the global map, and adds “Numerous gameplay-enriching content additions and dozens of quality-of-life features,” according the developer Owlcat Games.
According to Steam Page The Enhanced Edition will launch on June 6. In the meantime, to let you know of all the exciting new features, we’ve prepared a slew of content, including teasers, dev diaries and even dev streams – the first of which will go live today! Join us on https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames at 7:30 PM CEST/1:30 PM EDT (US) for an in-depth look at a new prestige class!
“Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Enhanced Edition” Key Features:
- Free Upgrade for all existing players
- Numerous gameplay-enriching content additions and dozens of quality-of-life features
- New abilities and ways to build your character
- A Brand-new class: Slayer
- New items and weaponry
- Improved balance, especially in the beginning and last two chapters of the game
- Enhanced kingdom management system, both in terms of balance as well as usability and player comfort
- Increased variety of random encounters on the global map
- Thousands of fixes and improvements made since the game’s initial release
Some of our shrewder fans have already figured out that we like to release things near the end of the month. Such was our plan for “Beneath The Stolen Lands”, our 3rd DLC, as well. However, after postponing it for a month from late April to late May, we’ve realized we now had 2 releases lined up one after the other in the space of a week. For this reason, we’ve decided that it would make more sense to release both the DLC and Enhanced Edition on the same day, June 6.
Just to remind you what it’s going to be like:
“Beneath The Stolen Lands” Key Features:
- Enter a massive dungeon with a party made from scratch. Begin your adventure to the Tenebrous Depths with a party of newly created characters. Start the game from the main menu and experience the descent into an endless rogue-like dungeon
- Explore the near-infinite possibilities of building a Pathfinder character. Try out different builds to perfect your tactics at your leisure. Create a band of adventurers able to overcome any danger!
- Defeat is but a new beginning! Dying in an encounter enables additional benefits for your next playthrough
- Unlock new items to buy across multiple playthroughs. The number of item slots traders have depends on how far you have been able to descend during all of your previous forays combined
- Enter the dungeon as your main character, alternatively you can wait for an invitation from a mysterious protector of Golarion as you play through the Main Story. The pre-set version of the dungeon is included into the main campaign, allowing you to use your character and companions to conquer the Tenebrous Depths
The Enhanced Edition, June 6 will bring Kingmaker’s final DLC, Beneath the Stolen Lands, which adds a massive dungeon you can either explore during the campaign or access from the main menu and experience with newly made characters.