Introduced more than 7 years ago on our platform, the .SE TLD has been the top choice for individuals and businesses based in Sweden.
In an effort to make the extension more affordable to registrants, we’ve entered into a partnership that allows us to offer the .SE country-code TLD at a significant discount for good.
.SE – registration details and requirements:
Prior to April 2003, the .SE registration rules were highly restrictive. Only Sweden-based companies, associations and authorities were allowed to register a .SE domain, and it had to bear resemblance to the very name of the given registrant entity.
In 2003, the eligibility rules were liberalized and since then any entity or person has been able to register any number of domains, albeit subject to a few restrictions.
This change had an immediate impact on the number of newly registered .SE domains, which started to plummet.
Individuals may register whatever .SE domain, as long as it is not blocked or in the Reserved list.
At the same time, the domain name allocation rules were changed. The domains themselves were made available on a first-come, first-served basis. Simpler dispute resolution rules were created as well.
Also, the .SE registry started accepting registrations of IDNs containing the letters å, ä, ö, ü and é.
It is important to note that .SE is the first TLD to offer DNSSEC support. It does so via OpenDNSSEC.
Up-to-date requirements for registering .SE domains:
Today, .SE is open for registration to all entities, which are doing business in Sweden or are anyhow related to the country.
Depending on whether the registrant is an individual or a company/organization, there are different requirements to consider.
Individuals will need to supply the following information when registering a .SE domain:
- National ID Card or Passport Number for the Registrant Contact
- National ID Card or Passport Number for the Administrative Contact
- National ID Card or Passport Number for the Technical Contact
Companies or organizations in turn will be asked to submit the following information when registering a .SE domain:
- Company Registration Number for the Registrant Contact;
- Company EU VAT Number for the Registrant Contact;
- Company Registration Number for the Administrative Contact;
- Company EU VAT Number for the Administrative Contact;
- Company Registration Number for the Technical Contact;
- Company EU VAT Number for the Technical Contact;
Ready to order? Visit Evostrix Today: