World Of Warcraft Battle Azeroth Expansion Pack Release Date Revealed
Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft’s seventh expansion pack, Battle for Azeroth, will be launching on August 14th. World of Warcraft‘s next major expansion was revealed live on-stage during BlizzCon 2017‘s opening ceremony. Battle for Azeroth reignites the war between the Alliance and Horde factions as tensions grow beyond tolerance between Warchief Sylvanas and freshly crowned King Anduin. World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth does not have a release window, but Blizzard may change that during one of the many BlizzCon panels and events in the next few days.
As ever, Battle of Azeroth will include many of the features players expect from a World of Warcraft expansion. New dungeons, like the golden city of Atal’Dazar and the outlaw town of Freehold, as well as raids will be featured prominently. All expansion packages include an instant character boost up to level 110, too. And from the concept of Legendary weapons come the Heart of Azeroth, a neck piece that allows players to customize armor with new powers and traits.
The expansion will explore the wounds suffered in the long-running feud between the Alliance and Horde. There’s no love lost between them, and their tensions really come to a head in the story. Here’s some vital info:
- Two new continents, Kul Tiras and Zandalar, with zones and dungeons
- Allied Races, three for each faction
- Warfronts, an RTS-style game mode
- Island Expeditions, three-player scenarios with a PvP option
- Level cap increase to 120, and all the associated questing
- Classes have been revamped with new and remixed talents.
- A collection of new mounts.
- The Heart of Azeroth, an artifact-style necklace all players will have that upgrades your other gear through new resource Azerite.
As if a new expansion for World of Warcraft wasn’t enough, Blizzard surprised fans with plans for a World of Warcraft vanilla legacy server. World of Warcraft Classic will give players a server option allowing them to replay the launch days of the MMO from 2004 through the Burning Crusade’s launch in 2007. Details and a release date for World of Warcraft Classic will arrive in the near future.